Tuesday 3 August 2010

A bit about what I do..

It says in the title that I am a WAHM (Work at home mum) and yet I rarely mention any work! So I thought I would blog a little about the work I am supposed to be doing. I say supposed as I am nowhere near as disciplined as I should be . But around looking after my family, looking after the house and my hobbies I do what I can.

My WAHM journey began when my youngest was just a few weeks old. My husband had been involved in accident at work and had broken both arms. My toddler was not yet 2 and I was struggling to establish breastfeed with the newborn. I had my hands FULL. I looked for something , ANYTHING, that would make my life easier. And one of the things I bought was a fleece pouch to carry my baby. It SAVED us! it meant I could cook, feed, shop, clean basically do EVERYTHING with baby strapped on! :) Result! Man I loved that pouch. Now at the time my Dad had been made redundant. He is an upholsterer and pretty nifty with a sewing machine. Once he took a look at my magically pouch he immediately decided 'I could make those!' And so BampisBabyBags was born! Bampi is a welsh phrase meaning Granddad and when a forum friend suggested the name I thought it was perfect! I bought a website from WAHM and I was off. This business isn't going to make me a millionaire , I don't put enough effort in, but it ticks over nicely and I am very proud of it!

I also run Ret-Row which is really little more than a hobby . While I was sick in bed with Swine Flu a friend send me some beads and finding to have a play with. Before I knew it was hooked! I love making jewellery and coming up with new ideas..I really hope this little business venture grows and grows.

And last but not least I also work for Mama Pack. I am a distribution manager and my role is to spread the Mama Pack love and find people across the UK to distribute our Eco friendly ethical natal packs. If you haven't seen one I urge you to take a look at the website. These little jute bags are packed full of yumminess and a must for any pregnant woman or new mum!

So that me ... fingers in lots of little pies..and LOVING it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment