Tuesday 17 May 2011

Barefoot Birth Pools


As I have mentioned in previous post we have decided to book a home birth for this , my last pregnancy and birth . One of the things I have wanted with previous children was a water birth. Unfortunately Ive not even managed to get in a pool let alone birth in one as yet. With my first my labour was far too 'managed' with an induction , an epidural and ultimately a forceps delivery. Second time round would have been perfect. Except the hospital had severe staff shortages and far too many women in labour! So I didn't get gas and air let alone a pool. This time I am determined to at least TRY a pool so I am taking matters into my own hands and hiring one. What I love about this idea is that we get the pool for 4 weeks. This means I will be able to use the pool even when I am not in labour to ease my aching hips and sore pelvis. Bliss!
The timing couldn't have been more perfect actually as some friends of mine have just started up a new business hiring out birth pools. Cool huh? Now obviously being only 28 weeks I don't have the pool yet but I promise I will do a full and frank review after the big event. However I can review the service so far. The company is call Barefoot Birth Pools and is family run. The website is warm and inviting and all questions I initially had were answered easily. Response to my emailed enquiry was speedy and instilled confidence that I would be well looked after. While there is no discount available for low income families a payment was quickly and simply arranged. I love that paypal is accepted meaning I can pay uses funds I have raised through online sales. The inclusion of a tens machine in the hire cost is also a welcome bonus... one less thing for me to think about!

So now I just wait. On one hand I feel that my pregnancy is crawling but on the other hand it is racing by! I am sure it won't be long before I am posting a birth story. Fingers crossed I will be welcoming my baby into the world in the comfort of my own home in a beautiful pool. Sounds good to me!

Please check the website www.barefootbirthpools.co.uk and become a fan on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment